Program Director for Leadership
Big Win Philanthropy partners with driven and committed African leaders to deliver on their transformational visions for children and young people. We seek to improve lives directly and to build demographic dividends for equitable economic growth, peace and security.
Core to Big Win Philanthropy’s approach has been seeding and nurturing a set of leadership programs designed explicitly to speak to the context and experiences of African leaders. The common intent of each of these initiatives is to embolden leaders and to provide insights that will guide their ultimate success in delivering large scale transformative initiatives. These leadership programs now include the Harvard Ministerial Leadership Program, aimed at government ministers from the social sectors, finance and planning; the Amujae Initiative, the flagship program of the Ellen Johnson Sirleaf Presidential Center for Women and Development, designed for women with potential to compete for the highest roles of public sector leadership; and a new African Mayoral Initiative, currently under design.
Big Win Philanthropy now seeks a Program Director for Leadership that will ensure that these investments in leadership development, and any further to emerge, are optimally leveraged.
The Program Director will build on Big Win’s flagship leadership program investments and provide follow-up support to participants. This will include efforts to promote networking across and among leadership program cohorts and the establishment of lighter-touch opportunities to assemble participants facing common challenges. Among the key components of this role will be to:
- Establish and maintain system for tracking and communicating with forum participants;
- Identify a cadre of alumni who can serve as mentors and establish a “coaching pool” that can be deployed to support current leaders;
- Identify themes of common challenges or helpful skillsets that can form a basis for continued learning and the sharing of best practices, and establish approaches to engage around these
- Establish venues to spotlight exceptional leadership;
- Facilitate high-value networking among leaders, including linking them to other global networks as appropriate;
- Arrange site visits for leadership teams;
- Identify themes for, and commission and oversee quality development of, a reservoir of relevant case studies;
- Oversee criteria of success and develop a methodology to assess the value added by Big Win’s leadership development efforts Qualifications
- Have interacted at a senior level with leaders from the global South
- Familiarity with facilitating leadership initiatives and relevant conversations
- Communications expertise desirable
- High level of EQ and social skills to interact with public leaders at the highest level;
- Willing to hands-on manage details and logistics associated with role;
- Fluency in English mandatory – additional languages desirable
The position will be based in Big Win Philanthropy’s London offices. Extensive travel to Africa and the United States will be required.
Commensurate with experience.
Interested applicants should send a cover letter, current CV and the names of two references to email@example.com and include “Program Director for Leadership” in the subject line.